how much to fit 3 TRV's???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently purchased 3 cheap TRV's (£5 each from B&Q). I was going to have a go at fitting these myself but have since thought it might be wise to leave to the experts. Can anyone give me an idea of how much it is likely to cost to fit these to upstairs rads.....or if anyone has recently had this done how much they were charged.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
as with all how much will it cost posts, get several quotes, dont be surprised if no one wants to do it for fit only

thanks to you both. Still might have a go myself.... :eek:

Some say fit to feed, others say fir to return..all very confusing.
On the normal valves should the control knob be on the feed side and the LSV on the return?

Sponsored Links
some of mine are reversed then for some reason.

Any plumbers in the Leeds (West Yorkshire) area fancy fitting some TRV...for a fee of course!!! ;)

Kevplumb....will get back to you shortly...got a guy coming round to quote tomorrow...cheers

B&Q crap, cost a bloke new decoration and carpet, make sure the bloody factory parts are assembled correctly, on their ordinary valves a customer had bought for me to fit, 4 out of 16 were loose in the body and one unscrewed when turning it off, (left hand thread), what a mess.

ChrisR said:
flow(feed) side

I'd fit them on the return side. They are less affected by the heat coming off the inlet pipe. I also stick the knob sideways rather than upright.

Ah well if you stick yer knob sideways it should be on the return. I'm coming from the point of view of the direction of water through the valve. If it goes in the direction which tends to close the valve rather than open it, you're more likely to get hammering as it shuts.

Well that's my theory anyway, and I'm unanimous :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back