how much to remove a load bearing wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i'm trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to remove a load bearing wall between my kitchen and dining room.

the wall is 2.2m high and 2.5m wide with an existing single door.

i know i need an rsj and building regs approval but have no idea how much to budget.
i obviously need to get quotes but dont want to waste a builders time if its unrealistic for me to afford

Sponsored Links
There are so many variations surrounding such a simple job that its not practicable to give an estimate for - what?

You will have to research how much you want doing for your money - what utilities are to be re-located, the job made good to what finish etc?
Or, the builders simply set the steel and leave the site.

Make a sketch plan for yourself of how you want the kitchen to look on completion of paid work. Measure everything.

I have recently got the similar work done, to remove a single load bearing wall ( supporting similar wall upstairs) between kitchen and living room. Only the wall removal and RSJ installation costed me £250 including cleaning. RSJ cost was extra £130 if that helps. the wall was 14 x 9 feet single brick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back