How much would you quote?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit rubbish with pricing work and always seem to underprice and end up working for £10 per hour :(

To Do:

Smash 1 row of tiles off, roughly 10 tiles, 8 x 12" appx.
Slide tray out
New tray in, level up and secure
Alter waste, moving it about 2 foot over for new location
Re-tile (tiles, adhesive and grout supplied)
Fit new double door sliding shower screen
Silicone up
Fit new shower plinth

I have guesstimated it would take me about 5 hours to complete all together, and was wondering what you guys would quote for that sort of work.

Thanks![/u]

Sponsored Links
5 x what your hourly rate is plus whatever consumables you think you might use

Days work easy. if not to late to start another job.
So days labour + parts etc.

Sponsored Links
Damn it, see what I mean haha, always undercharging.

I always think right I am going to put a propper price in, one that would be in line with a yellow pages plumber, and then for some reason I always cut a chunk off it :/ sux...

Don't mean those yellow pages plumbers ever get more work from that customer.

I already have a full time job working for someone else but my salary is now the only income into our house with our small 1 child family so foreigners = disposable income.

I suppose my low prices may help get a customer base up.

MOT on my car this weekend then it's getting traded in for a van! Woop

£300 min. what happens when you make a major mistake. time putting right has not been covered. seen many a person done a cheap job. then realised they need to go back to rectify. they cant or wont otherwise. as its not worth the hassle, or will cost them dearly with no profit made. they then get a bad rep by customer etc. do you see a pattern emerging here.

£300 min. what happens when you make a major mistake. time putting right has not been covered. seen many a person done a cheap job. then realised they need to go back to rectify. they cant or wont otherwise. as its not worth the hassle, or will cost them dearly with no profit made. they then get a bad rep by customer etc. do you see a pattern emerging here.

I sure do see a pattern, but I'm optimistic, there isnt much that can go wrong to be honest, and even if it did, I'd go back every night for as long as it took free of charge to put it right before I got a bad rep!

& i guess you do realise that after you have replaced the tiles you will need to let the grout dry before you can seal the tray/tiles ? also the tray/tiles should be sealed & allowed to dry before the cubical is fitted so to do the job properly that means a 2nd day fitting the cubical, i know it still may be the same amount of time all told but it's still means you being there for two days & you may not be able to find another job to do & if that's the case you are working for £70 a day no wonder she seemed pleased

MOT on my car this weekend then it's getting traded in for a van! Woop

At those prices you'd be better off with an old pram tied to the back of a bike.

You need to charge more to run a van

Cost me £138.00 to fill 2 vans with diesel today.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back