How on earth do you fit the shower tray waste?

Sponsored Links
So tell me how does an aqua deck installation create a step ?.
I'm declining a discussion on this question because I believe it has nothing to do with this topic. Feel free to carry discussing it without me, but I don't see anyone else leaping to join in with you.

I'll join in, Orcon, its aqua DEC not aqua deck. these are for wet rooms, not shower trays.

Sponsored Links
Very useful info, thanks. But I still dont see how I will be able to reach the 760mm or so under the tray, as the waste will be in a back corner.
Have you measured your arm?

In any case, you'd only ever need to reach it for maintenance, and if you do it right then no maintenance will ever be necessary.

On what do you base this article of faith?

Exactly. If you do it right then no maintainance will ever be necessary.

I'll join in, Orcon, its aqua DEC not aqua deck. these are for wet rooms, not shower trays.

Yep and the drains are concealed/buried so no easy access.
Raised plinths are for retrofits where existing drain's are not easily accessible or inexperienced diyers with no confidence in their plumbing skills.

In any case, you'd only ever need to reach it for maintenance, and if you do it right then no maintenance will ever be necessary.
Exactly. If you do it right then no maintainance will ever be necessary.
You appear to be repeating the words that I wrote.

You appear to be repeating the words that I wrote.

I'm replacing one shower tray with a slim line one on floor boards, do ihaveto cement in under the new tray? I'm a new do it yourself girl lol

Better to start a new thread than tag onto one several years old. ;)

However, if you have a resin stone tray then I would bed it on a weak mortar mix if the manufacturers instructions state that. It is vital the tray has adequate support over the whole base, otherwise if it fails (cracks) then any guarantee would be void if it hasn't been fitted in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. :eek:

Better to start a new thread than tag onto one several years old. ;)

However, if you have a resin stone tray then I would bed it on a weak mortar mix if the manufacturers instructions state that. It is vital the tray has adequate support over the whole base, otherwise if it fails (cracks) then any guarantee would be void if it hasn't been fitted in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. :eek:
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back