How the hell can army barracks be wrong !

Perhaps the answer would be for you and your posse to stop being so reprehensible.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't forget to check what account your posting on in future, don't want to be caught out again .....

Remember no one has an automatic right to asylum.

Just because I voice an opinion that does not match yours does not make it any less valid.

I have not been racist, xenophobic, reprehensible in any of my posts.

Just because I personally don't believe there was an issue with the barracks holding facility and advising they should be grateful the conditions are a darn site better than what they had in France does not make me in anyway a bad person.

Imo this case is going to open the flood gates for many more similar cases.

But at the end of the day the reality is, we don't have anywhere to put the numbers that are arriving. We can't hole them up in 5 star accomodation.

There does need to be a deterrent to ensure that only the genuine asylum cases come to the UK, and the non genuine ones come through via the correct channels.

The UK asylum rules do need to be changed, the system as it stands is broken, and slow moving. But it's not helped by greedy solicitors. Very few rejected cases actually end up being deported.

Does anyone have an opinion as to where these asylum seekers should be housed?

There is 280,000 homeless people in the UK, do they not deserve the same help we give to asylum seekers?

Or does that make me reprehensible for caring about the homeless?

Edit: genuine question to all, when the asylum seekers have been approved, where do they go to stay, are they given a house or flat, or do they stay in a hostel etc. Do they get help to find a job, take classes to learn English etc?

We only hear about the point of requesting asylum and not what happens after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

There is 280,000 homeless people in the UK, do they not deserve the same help we give to asylum seekers?
Now you should know you’ll NEVER get that answer from those on here that appear to champion their rights. All they can ever do is complain after the event and generally run the UK down but let’s wait and see - these opinionated political legal humanitarian experts may well yet come up with an answer but don’t hold your breath. You should also know that you’ll never get an answer from a group. Try asking them individually and watch them squirm, swerve and dodge the question whilst calling you a racist and trying to close the thread down.

Sponsored Links
It is a basic Human Right to be able to claim asylum.
Whether you are successful or not depends on your claim and the nation considering your claim.
Mottie and the 'gang' don't believe in human rights...

Unless it's for themselves of course...

Which is kind of ironic given that they often post views that most proper human beings would find repulsive!

Mottie and the 'gang' don't believe in human rights...

Unless it's for themselves of course...

Which is kind of ironic given that they often post views that most proper human beings would find repulsive!

Oh dear,

What a stupid thing to say, but then wouldn't expect anything less from you

So no different to what I said then....
So why not correct all those other reprehensible people who claim that seeking asylum is illegal?

Let us be absolutely clear: Everyone has a basic Human Right to seek asylum in what ever country they choose, for whatever reason they choose.
If they arrive (irrespective of how they arrive, by air, by sea, by inter-stellar transportation, is irrelevant) and they surrender to border officials, or whoever wishes to apprehend them, they have not committed any crime. They have merely exercised their basic human right.

The country in which they are claiming asylum has an obligation to accommodate them, etc, but not to grant their asylum, nor to allow them to work, etc, until their refugee status is processed.

If the claimants asylum is refused, they will be deported, assuming the UK can find a country that will accept them, if not, they may be detained until such time as a receiving country is found to accept them. This can be years, and should be considered inhumane, because they are imprisoned for an indefinite sentence for committing no crime.
If they escape such detention, only then do they become illegal immigrants.
Another type of illegal immigrant is one who has overstayed their visa.
Then there is the migrant who does manage to sneak into the country, and is not discovered. They are also classed as illegal immigrants.
So illegal immigrants are those who are denied leave to remain but escape detention, those who have overstayed their visa, and those who have arrived illicitly and remain undetected.
The only data that UK has is on the escaped detention refugees. It does not have any data on visa over-stayers, it can and does make an estimate, and by definition it does not have any data on refugees sneaking into the country undetected.

Finally, the government sets standards of accommodation for such asylum seekers, and it expects other organisations to meet the minimum standard.
Therefore it is absolutely hideous and nonsensical that the government provided accommodation does not also meet this minimum standard.

whilst calling you a racist and trying to close the thread down.
Typical Mottie comment.
The only people trying to close anyone or anything down are those claiming to be ignoring some because they disagree with their opinions.
If you're behaving like a racist, it's not only normal to object and confront that racism, I would argue it's proper and civilised thing to do.

No doubt you'd have stood and watched or even joined in with these racist thugs:
A student felt "trapped" in her seat as a group directed racist chanting and Nazi salutes towards her on a train.

Rose Williams said she and others were subjected to a stream of abuse after a group got on the Aberystwyth-bound train at Borth, Ceredigion, on Sunday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-57349289

Spread evenly in family units over the country in major towns. A series of government owned properties, similar to half way houses within walking distance of each other.

Spread evenly in family units over the country in major towns. A series of government owned properties, similar to half way houses within walking distance of each other.
I don’t know about blue sky thinking but that sounds to me like pie in the sky thinking!

Would these be the same government owned properties that have been offered to our own homeless population?

Last edited:
I don’t know about blue sky thinking but that sounds to me like pie in the sky thinking!

Would these be the same government owned properties that have been offered to our own homeless population?
The problems are not connected.
Asylum seekers have an international and human right to proper legal processing.
Homeless people fall under the national political policies of whichever government is in power.

You asked what should be happening. The only thing stopping us doing that, or similar for the homeless, is that we as a country don't believe they deserve it. Which makes me wonder about the quality of Traditional British values.

The problems are not connected.
Asylum seekers have an international and human right to proper legal processing.
Homeless people fall under the national political policies of whichever government is in power.
Amazing how xenophobic brexiteers just don't get it!

They always pick on the wrong target!

You asked what should be happening. The only thing stopping us doing that, or similar for the homeless, is that we as a country don't believe they deserve it. Which makes me wonder about the quality of Traditional British values.
I can’t recall you ever suggesting that the government should have a stock of free housing for the British homeless though. Do your traditional British values only extend to housing foreign refugees?

Sponsored Links
Back