how to add fernox to worcester bosch 24cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all
I have looked through the forum for an hour now and cannot find out the best way to do this.
whether I should do it at all >?
any help.
thanks

Sponsored Links
both aerosol and cartridge types can be dosed into filling looops as it the least messiest.its recomended to keep your inhibitor topped up every couple of years.

if you have problems with rads heating etc you can addd cleanser first

Sponsored Links
This is a cdi guys, unless somebody fitted an extra universal filling loop, you're gonna need some towels if you want to use the WB filling loop. :LOL:

OP, how do you top the boiler pressure up?

with a white plastic key thing you shove the bottom end of boiler and the lickle plastic screw to let water in.
I found the outside drain tap and let all the water out today, there is no sludge and the water runs clear, but no inhibitor in wot so ever.
I filled up system, and bled bottom rads first, then upper floor, finishing in loft conversion, our bedroom rad is sweet now, whatever was stopping our rad is out or moved !
but all rads are red hot now.
I guess it wont hurt adding fernox now, after 8 years with non in?

Water coming out clean does not mean a lot, but better than black gunge I suppose.
Adding inhibitor stops corrosion forming, so adding it at any point is better than not.

Add the inhibitor via a radiator as you can't do it via a WB filling loop as said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back