How to bond metal fire to granite hearth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new fireplace fitted with a granite hearth. On top of the hearth is a gas burner with metal feet. The gas installer didn't bother to fix it down. The metal feet do have holes in but I really don't want to drill the granite mainly because the holes will be there for ever but also in case the hearth cracks which would be a disaster.
I only need to stop the burner sliding around while the knob is pushed in and turned on.
I'm thinking silicone / mastic as it can always be removed. But wil it hold at all?

Sponsored Links
Any type of mastic etc that will be easy to get off will probably not hold it, you may have to bite the bullet and put a little araldite on it which will save you drilling it and should hold it but will be hard to get off should you want to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back