How to change pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a Valiant thermocompact vu 282 boiler and for the last couple of weeks the pressure is showing as zero. I've looked through the manual but can't figure it out. Does anyone know how and where I can change the pressure??

Also should the pressure be between 1 and 2?

Any help would be really appreciated!! :D

Sponsored Links
A picture of the bottom of the boiler would be helpful. That model would normally use a bog standard feed from the cold inlet called a filling loop.

A tap will be spurred off the cold mains inlet to the boiler, a flexible pipe would connect to that and then connect to a double check valve and maybe another tap on the return pipe of the CH circuit pipe. 1.5 bar would be about right. Tis all in the installation manual.

You do need to know why it reads 0 now though, where has it lost it's pressure, leaky PRV, Pipework, radiators/valves, EV issue??

Sponsored Links
You may find the connections are behind that piece of gyproc that is covering the pipework, the pipe 2nd in from the right should be the CH return and there should be a feed from a cold water mains pipe that connects to that pipe through the filling loop.

Given this 20+ yr old boiler is a sealed system boiler - not a combi - then there is no cold feed into the boiler so the cold feed could be remote from the boiler but it should feed into the CH return pipe somewhere, that's what needs to be found. Trace the return pipe back from the boiler till you find a connection off it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back