How to change this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me fix my leaking shower.
I'm guessing I have to change the cartridge but when I take off the flow knob this is all I see. There's no bolt, just the threaded section for retaining the facia plate. I was expecting to see a nut of some sort. Is there a special tool to remove it or am I going about it the wrong way? I think it's a Victoria plum shower.
Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Firstly, take the fascia plate off. You will be able to see if there are any more retaining grub screws.

The cartridge should just pull out, it is held in place by a series of rubber o-rings along the shaft.

Contact showerdoctor.com, send them a pic. Quite often if you buy the new valve from them, they also supply instructions.

Pulled it apart a little more. Still unclear.
Let's hope shower doctor knows!

F95FCB2A-227A-4C3E-ADA8-AC662983DD50.jpg

Sponsored Links
It could be a peg spanner you need......the sort of thing that tightens the arbor nut on an angle grinder?
John :)

Shower valves don't just "pull out".

If the 'cartridge' is a pull out type, once any retaining nut has been removed you will be able to just "pull it out".

I am not talking about the valve itself, I assumed that much was obvious.

The retaining nut is what the OP can't undo. I assumed that was obvious.

As BM said, you need a peg spanner, or some very good pump pliers to purchase on the outside edge.

Mind you if it is Victoria Plumb crap, he's probably screwed for parts anyway.

The retaining nut is what the OP can't undo. I assumed that was obvious.

As BM said, you need a peg spanner, or some very good pump pliers to purchase on the outside edge.

Mind you if it is Victoria Plumb crap, he's probably screwed for parts anyway.

Good point! :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back