How to check a condenser on a Hoover Performa 1100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know How to check a condenser on a Hoover Performa 1100 machine and what should I be looking for once I slide the top lid off? and how I check if the condenser needs unblocking? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks and regards Jim Curtis ;)

Sponsored Links
You'll know if it's blocked because it won't allow steam to condense.
If you've attached a water supply to it (as discussed on previous post) and there is water going into the condenser but clothes are still wet and steamy then it's probably blocked.
Take the lid and back off, you'll see the condenser on the rear of the machine going up to the dryer heater.

Sleepyhead said:
You'll know if it's blocked because it won't allow steam to condense.
If you've attached a water supply to it (as discussed on previous post) and there is water going into the condenser but clothes are still wet and steamy then it's probably blocked.
Take the lid and back off, you'll see the condenser on the rear of the machine going up to the dryer heater.

Thanks once again Sleepyhead, Ive got water going in but the clothes even a couple of them in at one time, even after 1 hour drying are not coming out completely dry so I'm hoping the condenser is bocked slightly, once again now I know where it is, is it easy to unblock?

Thanks in advance Jim Curtis. ;)

You need to remove it from the machine. Straight forward, release it at both ends and take out any screws/bolts holding it in place. Once it's out clean it out with a hose. Clean out any fluff/debris at the ports, reassemble and give it a try.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back