Hoover Performa 1100 full spin with dry or not?+ free manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just recently acquired a Hoover Performa 1100.

Can anyboby tell me what this machine should do whilst drying? On both drying cycles the machine heats up but only seems to turn a couple of times each couple of minutes, so the clothes seems to come out full of steam and not fully dry.

Should the dry cycle consist of the drum turning all the time whilst drying?

Also does anyone know where I can obtain a free Hoover Performa 1100 manual (pdf etc)

Thanks in advance. ;) Jim Curtis

Sponsored Links
I think you will find Jim that, manuals are only handed out to people in the trade, Techs and service centers .....Kev....

Thanks for that Kev,

Still if anybody knows about the correct drying procedure for this model (does it spin consistently whilst drying) I would love to know, and I would love to wear dry clothes (ha ha). :LOL:

Regards Jim Curtis

It should rotate a few times in one direction then reverse (if I recall correctly).
If your clothes are coming out wet and steamy at the end of the drying cycle then it's more likely that your condenser is blocked or isn't being supplied with cold water.

Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead said:
It should rotate a few times in one direction then reverse (if I recall correctly).
If your clothes are coming out wet and steamy at the end of the drying cycle then it's more likely that your condenser is blocked or isn't being supplied with cold water.

Thanks for that Sleepyhead,

It does rotate a few times in one direction then reverse, but when you take out the clothes, they come out hot, steaming and not completely dry, this must because of the steam, just to add, I am only using this machine in the shed as a dryer and not as a washer! It is not plumbed in to the water mains. Is the condenser easy to get at to unblock?

Regards Jim ;)

It needs the cold water supply to work. No water will result in steam being produced. The condenser uses cold water to condense the steam and the resulting water is pumped out.
Your set up will not work at all.

Oh I see, well I will when I cure the steam problem!

Thanks again Sleepyhead...nice one!

Regards Jim ;)

By the way Sleepyhead, do these washer dryers produce much condensation in a kitchen?

Thanks & regards Jim :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back