How to conceal cables coming out from under the floorboards inside a wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following renovations, we've been left with a hole in the wall at skirting level, visible are 6 cables from sockets, which are coming out from under the floor inside the wall, but close to the surface and then carry on through the wall to the consumer unit. How best to conceal these? I'm assuming they just can't be plastered or skirted over. Only thing I can think of is some kind of horizontal trunking on the surface of the wall over the hole, to blend with the surrounding skirting, but then the cables wouldn't actually be inside the trunking? Maybe somehow leave the back off the trunking, so the cables would be visible if trunking is removed? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Following renovations, we've been left with a hole in the wall at skirting level, visible are 6 cables from sockets, which are coming out from under the floor inside the wall, but close to the surface and then carry on through the wall to the consumer unit. How best to conceal these? I'm assuming they just can't be plastered or skirted over. Only thing I can think of is some kind of horizontal trunking on the surface of the wall over the hole, to blend with the surrounding skirting, but then the cables wouldn't actually be inside the trunking? Maybe somehow leave the back off the trunking, so the cables would be visible if trunking is removed? Thanks
How big is the hole, would a single or double gang blanking plate work?
A picture would be useful.

Double gang blanking plate would work. Skirting is quite tall 150mm, so could I cut a rectangular hole in the skirting and mount the plate to that? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a photo?

How about a socket on the wall above the cables to identify a safe zone? No need for holes to be cut in the skirting - sounds like it would be a shame after the renovations

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back