How to connect incoming water to toilet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are trying to connect the water supply to the the toilet cistern we have in an outbuiding. I have a 300mm 15mm flexihose with a small section of 15mm copper pipe fitted on the end which needs to connect to the toilet cistern. The entrance to the cistern is nylon or plastic I think, and the pipe can be inserted inside this a little way. However, it wont' tighten up if I include an olive, but without it I suspect that when I connect up the water it will leak.

I gather that I need a fibre washer but I'm not sure what sort/size. The diameter of the inlet pipe is about 13-14mm. The cistern was purchased some years ago at a knock down clearance price, and there were no instructions included and any washer etc was either not included or has been mislaid.

I think that I could have bought a flexible hose that has a nut on the end for connecting directly at the cistern, but mine is designed to take 15mm copper pipe at each end (and has a stop valve included - which we wanted).

.Have taken some photos which I shall try to upload shortly.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What sort of connection is at the other end of the flexi? Picture?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back