How to connect to landlines with free calls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

This my first post in the forum. and please forgive me because English not my native language. I have two landlines in my home (1&2) and I have free calls from line 1 to destination A, also I have free calls from line 2 to destination B. How can I make destination A speaks to B for free?

Sponsored Links
Thanks OwainDIYer

This is a good solution but a little bit expensive I am looking for a low cost solution even if it is manually operated.

Not an approved way but it works.

Make the calls first using phones, when both are in conversation close all four switches ( this can be a 4 pole switch ). Do not hang the phones up as they are holding the calls.

When finished open all four switches.

The transformer can be almost any audio transformer with a one to one turns ratio.

The capacitors must not be electrolytic , and must be able to withstand 50 volts.

There can be one switch each side BUT this will mean it will be possible to hear conversations on the other line at low level even when the single switch is open.

I doubt the telephone company will approve.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back