How to draw a hexagon as picture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am making a dovecote and have a question about making Hexagons I know how you use a compass and mark the lines then join them up but a little unsure about sizing, I have put a picture below basically each side 270mm and top to bottom 468mm

Help please

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 130
Sponsored Links
Is it an irregular hexagon you need? Just try drawing a circle 270mm radius and stepping round the circumference 6 times for a regular one (if memory serves :eek:)
John :)

Sponsored Links
If using a compass in your case the radius of the compass should be 227mm where radius of the compass is the distance between the spike and the pencil.
Draw one big circle and you should find it has a diameter of (2x 227mm) = 454mm.
Do not change radius of you compass.
Put the spike at 3 o'clock position and make a pencil mark where it crosses the big circle.
Put the spike at this new cross point and again make a pencil mark where it crosses the big circle.
Work way around circle so you have 6 cross marks.
Draw lines between cross marks and you have a hexagon with six 227mm sides.

NOTE that I said put "spike at 3 o'clock position" as this then matches the rotation of your hexagon.
Also shown here: http://www.wikihow.com/Draw-a-Hexagon

SFK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back