How to fix a small cabinet door above builtin fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently installed a full size builtin fridge with oak doors. But there is a small space above the fridge and I bought an oak piece 590mm x 140 mm to cover that space. I dont want it to be permanently closed as I have the electricity switch for fridge/freezer in there.

Just wondering what can I use other than hinges as I would ideally like it to be removable. Are there anything which is magnet based so that I can just remove it fully and then close it again. Any ideas will be really appreciated as I am novice in fixing wood/cabinets!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
is it simply a hole around 590x140mm with sides to the roof ?? magnetic /rollerball catches[installation ideas]
or a flat top back to the wall ?? "u"shape front with 2 sides pull out gravity held[installation ideas]

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the suggestions, but if I use the Keku fixing, am I correct in thinking that I can't open the door again? I.e. is it possible to open and close the door occasionally if using the Keku fixing's?

Sponsored Links
just pull off
i use those exact fixings on a cistern cover on 2 toilets , and use a knife to slide under and just to lever out a little and then i can remove with fingers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back