How to get one pull down menu to work with all web pages?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Starting all over again as change of ISP means I lost my web space. In the past I have painstakingly added a new page to each of the old pages pull down menu. What I would like is to use something like frames or Iframes so one pull down menu will work on many pages.

The pages are already full of CSS and Java Script old page still running at http://www.ericmark.talktalk.net/coed-mynyodd-llyn.html as an example but when I publish these pages on new site would be nice to have just one pull down menu.

Any pointers please.

Sponsored Links
Or use PHP.

All that is needed is to change the web page address from .html to .php

The page is treated exactly the same same until it comes across any 'PHP' code. This way you can design your drop down menus, and anything else that is common, and put it in a separate files. For instance menu.php and then simply use the PHP 'include' function to add it to any page where it is needed.

Best bit of this method is that if you want to modify the menu you do so in the menu.php file and every page then automatically uses this new version.

Sponsored Links
If you wish to use PHP you also need to make sure your web server (or ISPs web server) has PHP installed and enabled.

Most do, but one to watch...

Back