How To Get To Reset Switch On G.W. 30CXI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting an F5 fault code on my Glow Worm 30cxi. I believe there is a reset switch inside boiler, but can't find any mention in the manual.

Can anyone tell me where it is, and how to get to it?

Many thanks

Ben

Sponsored Links
i may be wrong but i thought the o/heat reset is inside the inner boiler cover up on the top l/h side at the back. (i know the british gas 330 which is a glow worm is in that place)

personally i would have a mk1 3 litre consul GT !

Sponsored Links
F5 is an overheat code caused by the overheat stat tripping.

Its at the top left hand side of the boiler next to the heat exchanger. There are 2 stats clipped to the pipe and one of these wil have a red button on it.

You will need to retify whats causing the overheat though. F5's dont occur for no reason.

Many thanks for your replies. Not sure if Ultracom or Flexicom. It's approx 5 yrs old.

Replies in order -

LIGHTNING - No reset on panel. Just HW and CH adjustment knobs and on/off switch. What is best way to check pump is running?

EXBG1 - Yes, reset must be inside. So just remove main cover, then cover on top left side?

GAZ_MAN_GAZ - Not sure about door seal. Boiler was 2 years old when moved in, almost 3 years ago. Does it need checking?

yes, the old door seals are made of rubber and sometimes disintegrate. they can cause quite a lot of damage if the aren't replaced with the graphite version. it can also cut the boiler off on overheat due to the heat escaping.
you can norm tell if it has been fitted as it should have a g10 sticker and the nuts should be nyloc..
id get a rgi in to carry out a service, and check it out for ya

Got the cover off, and boiler was leaking around burner door/cover. Leak not too bad, and luckily at bottom of door, so not blowing onto anything vital. No obvious damage.

Got an RGI in to change seal to graphite, which was poss. causing the overheat. He phoned G W, and advised to change HW thermistor as possible cause for preheat on all the time, which he did. Gave it a service too.

Engineer said I must have a special CXI, as it was first one he'd been to which wasn't leaking. All fixed now.

Thanks to all who advised. Keep up the good work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back