Glow Worm 30cxi Part Question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I'm still going with this 'thing' after a catalogue of faults - solve one up pops another. :evil:

Anyway, all the repairs are done (see links below to two other topics) and the boiler works perfectly - apart from dripping from the reduced pressure zone valve attached to the filling loop/left hydro block. This part has always dripped for a few drops immediately after using the filling tap - as most seem to. However it keeps dripping - a lot to start with then almost stopped, but only an occasional one now. Maybe because the Exp. vessel was low and the boiler over-pressured, it affected it.

Anyway, I don't trust the zone valve to hold water any more. Can it be bought as a separate part, or does it always come as part of the filling loop/tap? If available separate, does anyone have the part number please. Many thanks.

First/original thread - //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/glow-worm-30cxi-diverter-advice.444618/#post-3487964

Second thread - //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/g...verter-now-wont-start-up.445504/#post-3495356

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
OK, thanks. Looks like it won't be too expensive to buy the whole loop including the r. p. zone valve. Hopefully that will be the end of problems with this boiler for a while. Did they improve these fill loops later on so they don't drip, or do they all do it?

Get part no: 2000802600 and clear the blockage in the communication tube to the ex. vessel. Clear the pressure sensor out. I'm amazed it refilled the boiler atall. I just fit an external filling loop and do away with the internal PRZ as they haven't been improved whatsoever.

EDIT: I thought you repressurised the vessel and the system pressure rose to 3bar after that procedure.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks misterdubya. No, the pressure went to 3 Bar so I checked the EV. It was very low, so pumped it up to 1 Bar - pressure normal now. Just the dripping PRZ left to do. If I fit an external loop, how do I remove the RPZV so it's not there to drip? Or do you somehow block the outlet of the RPZV?

Last edited:
You can't really block it, just got to replace. But then the idea is if you never use it then it will never start dripping. If you check back it might have stopped. I've had some drip for a while then stop.

Yes, you're right. It dripped for about an hour after the fill tap was used, not much, drop every 15 or 20 secs. It petered out, and has now stopped. But I've never known it do this, usually just a few drops after topping up then stops few seconds later. It's always done it.

Thing is now it's stoppped dripping, do I trust it to stay stopped? The other factor is that the boiler's in the loft.

I also wonder if the pressure going to 3 Bar may have affected it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back