How to improve the performance of a mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to improve the performance of a mixer shower - I have a mira select running off a gravity fed system. I was thinking of installing a pump for this or installing a completely new power shower. Can any one advise which would be the best way. If I installed a pump where would the best place be for pump and also is it possible to connect two mixer showers of one pump.

Any ideas of the cost of the labour to do this - many thanks :confused:

Sponsored Links
Can any one advise which would be the best way.
Fitting an unvented cylinder is the best way so long as your mains pressure is up to it.
Next best is fitting a shower pump which effectively creates a power shower [Not to be confused with an electric shower]
Simply raising the header tank/s will give you a slightly better flow rate and is the least expensive option.
I've just skimmed over the top of your questions here and giving you a full answer would take too long as all of these solutions have other implications. Do a search on this site as this topic has aleady been discussed many times here.
Running 2 showers from one pump is not recommended

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back