How to insulate a cold room?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking for some advice regarding insulation. We have a back corner room on our first floor that is pretty cold, on one side of the room is an outside wall whichsolid stone, no cavity wall, and the other wall has a door allowing us into an eaves space. Both aren't great for maintaining temperature, during the winter I can feel the cold coming from the eaves wall. I've installed insulation in the loft above, and i'm looking at ways to insulate the door to the eaves space more. I was wondering though
if installaing kingspan on the eaves space would make a difference to improving the cold coming in/heat leaving. and if so what side should I install?

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I'm looking for some advice regarding insulation. We have a back corner room on our first floor that is pretty cold, on one side of the room is an outside wall whichsolid stone, no cavity wall, and the other wall has a door allowing us into an eaves space. Both aren't great for maintaining temperature, during the winter I can feel the cold coming from the eaves wall. I've installed insulation in the loft above, and i'm looking at ways to insulate the door to the eaves space more. I was wondering though
if installaing kingspan on the eaves space would make a difference to improving the cold coming in/heat leaving. and if so what side should I install?
Insulate all surfaces that are subject to the external cold. PIR and the thicker the better.

Sponsored Links
Yes the eaves door is draft sealed but I'm looking to add insulation to the back of the door as it's quite thin and won't help with heat rentention.

Would applying kingspan to the eaves side of the bedroom wall make a difference to the heat on the bedroom? I'm trying to think whether it is worth doing and if so, can I fix it straight to the brick or should I baton it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back