How to insulate a single brick structure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

I am looking to insulate and re-decorate a single brick outbuilding which is attached to the back of the house. It is currently used as a utility room but is in a bad state of repair. It also needs the windows and door replacing but one thing at a time (as i'm assuming this will need to be done once the insulation is done!)

I need to know what the best way is to insulate this kind of structure. It is 5' x 17' approx and has a flat roof.

It would also be handy to know roughly how much this would cost!!!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The walls, floor and roof are all parts of the structure that are vulnerable to outside temp's.

Unless you consider all these facets then you may have condensation issues on any of said elevations.

There are just short of one billion posts on this very subject waiting for you to 'search'.

Please clarify if the walls are single brick (9") or half-brick (4")?

Sponsored Links
The walls are single brick. Does it normally cost much to get walls, floor and ceiling insulated? Clearly I am a novice at all this!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back