How To Isolate Drafts - Can You Pay Someone To Find Drafts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a silly question I know.

But I have drafts in my house and I am having trouble trying isolate where exactly they are coming from, can you hire someone to actually isolate where the drafts come from?

Sponsored Links
You've picked the wrong day to ask a silly question as a first post. ;)

Try a draughtsman. ;)
Also known as a draftsman.

Alternatively:
They're coming from outside. That'll be £100, please. Forget the VAT. Drafts are VAT free.

Not sure if people think I'm genuine or not but I am.

So I take it there no way to find out other than replacing doors and windows?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Start with the obvious places such as doors and windows.

Skirting boards and closed vent covers.

Loft hatch, cubby holes, movement of air past closed internal doors etc.

Walk round with a lit candle.

Other than that use your senses.

You could pay someone with a thermal camera to take pics - probably GBP 200 ish

Sounds like a silly question I know.

But I have drafts in my house and I am having trouble trying isolate where exactly they are coming from, can you hire someone to actually isolate where the drafts come from?

First learn how to spell, then google 'how to find draughts'.

A little tip for a better life, just google 'how to xxxx' where x = the problem you face.

@wavetrain

First learn how to spell,

For someone who likes to shout at others about correct use of language, your own skill levels are fairly low. Mis-spelling "grammar" is fairly amusing though.
I cannot understand your post as it is rambling, incoherent and has poor grammer

It is inpolite for you to post on their behalf.

Apart from the spelling, what hideous breach of etiquette does this represent and where did you find it detailed ?

Indeed ;) There is a way to find the draught - use a candle :idea: Elton John made a £ or two with his song Candle in the wind - and the principle that any small air movement will deflect a candle flame , can be used . I was taught that - amongst other tricks and things - when I was an Altar Boy

@wavetrain

First learn how to spell,

For someone who likes to shout at others about correct use of language, your own skill levels are fairly low. Mis-spelling "grammar" is fairly amusing though.
I cannot understand your post as it is rambling, incoherent and has poor grammer

It is inpolite for you to post on their behalf.

Apart from the spelling, what hideous breach of etiquette does this represent and where did you find it detailed ?

I am glad you find amusement from this sorry state of affairs Frenchy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back