How to join 1.5mm solid core to bell wire (24AWG)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't panic - I'm not talking about mains voltage!

When building our house I anticipated the need for electric blinds on four windows in the stairwell where the windows are hard to reach. I didn't know what sort of blinds we would get, whether they would be AC or DC, or what power they would require, so I opted to run 1.5mm three core+earth from a central location on the ground floor to the top of each window as this seemed to be more than adequate for any system on the market.

In the event, I've ordered DC operated blinds, which require 12v 800mA DC to each position. The wiring on the blinds themselves is 24AWG, so I'm now looking to join this to the 1.5mm 3+E which will be taking the DC from the central position to each blind. I'm not sure of how to go about making the join, and wondered what people here would recommend? I have very limited space to make the join (the 3+E arrives at the windows in an architrave back box), and because of the awkward nature of the installation (and my own inability with a soldering iron) I'd like to avoid any soldering. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Tom

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions. 2A strip connectors might do the job, and the Wago blocks look really good but I might be pushed for space.

Cheers

Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back