How to keep paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got quite a lot of paint but it doesn't keep that well. After a while it starts curing at the surface and when I use it i find lumps in the paint which is pants. Any ideas how I can prevent that from happening? Thanks

Sponsored Links
One way is to store upside down so the lid seals really well, but the best way is to decant into smaller jars or containers and store in a frost free place.

Lumpy paint can be strained through an old pair of tights or stockings (Umm stockings and supenders ;) ) into a clean container

One way is to store upside down so the lid seals really well, but the best way is to decant into smaller jars or containers and store in a frost free place.

Lumpy paint can be strained through an old pair of tights or stockings (Umm stockings and supenders ;) ) into a clean container
Decanting to a smaller container should work. I wonder whether using cling film over the surface of the paint could also be effective? Anyone tired that?

I'm ordering the tights (so suspenders :p ) online as we speak...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back