How to level Chimney concrete Base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm laying eng wood floor over existing/original floorboards in the through lounge in my Victorian semi.

Most of the floor is level, however, the concrete base for Chimney breast that is surrounded by wooden floor on 3 side is uneven at one end by about 3mm. If I lay my eng flooring over this in current state it will cause all sorts of problems.

So my question is, how do i trim/level the edge of the concrete base. The area that needs doing is approx 0.25 m2. If it were wood I would simply sand it down, but how do you do this when it's concrete? Use an angle grinder perhaps?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
After much research I think a Concrete Grinder should do the job. Maybe an angle grinder with appropriate blade.

I have just had the same problem and cut the top 25mm to50mm off and then screeded it level with the wooden floor and let it to dry for a few weeks before laying the new floor. Trying to grind a small amount off would create a lot of dust in the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back