How to paint a high staircase ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will soon be painting my hall/staircase problem is half way up the stairs the ceiling cuts short and goes vertical up to the hight of the upstairs ceiling.

From what I can find out the way to do it (on youtube) is to use two ladders and a plank of wood to make a platform.

Is this really necessary? I was going to put a ladder on the stairs then lean it on the vertical wall and paint if from there, will the wall cave in or something?

Sponsored Links
Should be fine. Just put something on the end like a folded dust sheet to stop you marking the wall where the ladder rests!

Thanks for your reply, had a quick look on the net and it's only about £20 for a wooden scaffold plank so I might go that way.

I had this situation exactly last week, we have a metal ladder, like window cleaners use, we just leant it from the steps to the vertical wall cut, and climbed the ladder, I sent the misses up as Im scared of heights, I stood behind ladder supprting it, she simply cut in using a brush, then to roller we had a roller on a pole, simples.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back