How to Plumb the waste on a low level Shower tray ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys , I want to install a new shower & Tray in my upstairs bathroom ,
I want to remove the Bath , and install a walk in shower instead , which I need the tray to be on the floor ( NOT raised up on a platform )

similar to this : http://www.aroco-showers.co.uk/prod...ofile tray - square&Showers=Shower Enclosures

But my problem is with the existing waste , which obviously for a bath is slightly above floor level , and I need the new shower tray to be flat on the floor.

How do I do this ?
Obviously I need to lift up some floor boards to put the waste into the floor cavity , but how do I link that under floor waste into the above floor pipework.

Help !!!

Sponsored Links
The same as any other shower tray :cool:

You'll need to make an alternative connection the the soil stack or hopper

Unless you fancy some kind of pump, you can't. You need the waste pipe to run out of the house with enough of a fall to ensure good water flow and no pooling, which will cause scum and hair to collect. To achieve a decent fall with our en-suite where the shower is about six feet from the wall, we had to cut a long slot in the floor under the bath in the adjoining bathroom then set up the shower and bath drains gradually falling into the slot, out through the wall at floor level and into the soil stack, passing over a couple of joists en route, which we cut with shallow notches. This would be considerably easier if you were going the same way as the joists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back