how to put glass in an internal door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some oak 3 light doors that I'm currently fitting - hanging them isn't a problem, however I'm not sure what I'm doing when to comes to glazing them. The glass has been supplied seperately to the doors. The doors have been supplied with beading, however I would like to know if I also need to use putty, silicone or something else in addition to the beading, and don't want to use something that might discolour the wood.
Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
as they aren't external they will not have to keep out the weather so quadrant will do

you can get rubber or plastic gasket, includig a thing called "putty on a roll" which will stop them rattling.

If you use an acrylic sealant it will be easier to scrape out than silicone when you need to repair or re-stain the doors. But clear will look better.

I find it difficult to use silcone neatly without smearing.

Sponsored Links
we always use clear silicone - but only a small bead.

you hardly need to cut the nozzle. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back