How to re-pressurise a Worcester Bosch 280 RSF Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We lost our heating and hot water yesterday. An engineer came in and reset the system and said it was probably caused by the low pressure (0.5) of the boiler.

He couldn't work out how to repressurise it. He suggested that the relevant tap might be behind some wooden panelling which sticks out from the wall on which the boiler sits. This was a;ready in place when we moved in. We're moving in a couple of weeks so don't really want to get that panelling removed. The engineer took his £70 and went.

Since then I've had to reset the boiler several times. I have two questions:
1. To repressurise the system, should I be looking for something inside the boiler or could it be that it is underneath the boiler, behind the panelling?

2. If we leave it for the next couple of weeks (until we move it) are we putting ourselves (or our buyers) at risk?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Most worcester boilers have an internal filling loop that is on the L/H side undernearth the boiler, you have to insert a white T shape filling key into a black hole. Check with your instructions, failing this you will have to investigate further or get another filling loop inserted.

Thanks for your reply Corgigazza.

I removed the wood panelling, and sure enough found a pipe with a screw. Turned the screw slightly and watched the pressure slowly rise. Turned it a bit more and it shot up too fast - it's now at 2.5; the heating and hot water seem to be fine now.

A pressure of 2.5 shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Sponsored Links
2.5 bar cold will cause a problem when the system heats up. The pressure relief valve is set to discharge at 3 bar. I would bleed a bit off if I was you, down to about 1 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back