how to remove a jammed immersion heater?

Sponsored Links
just put wd40 on it and some lube, a even tried ma gas bottle on it, its solid, av had difficult ones before but not like this

Must be tight if you cant free it with those big muscles. :LOL:

Use a proper immersion box spanner and give it a sharp hit with a hammer to shock it free

Sponsored Links
theres a number of ways to muck about getting them out with heat, extension bar etc.
but if some muppets put loads of ptfe on the thread or sealant i just drill then cut them out.
out in 15 mins saves all that mucking around.

haha, am just scared incase a hit it 2 hard or pull it to hard and a burst the cylinder, but a was tempted just to smash it, it was doin ma head in

imm2.jpg

drill the centre part.
so you can get an hacksaw blade in the cut across to the cylinder thread
then cut across the top . but becareful on the top part not to damage the suface where the fibre washer seals.
imm3.jpg

once you cut and remove a section it useally just unscrews by hand.

thats what a thought, would it not be risky though incase i cut the threads

don't matter if you nic the thread
its the lip you have to be careful of cause thats the seal with the fibre washer.
but when you do the cuts across the lip you can see the cuts your doing from the side.
just go slow its ok. wire wool the lip fit the new one. that one was done in under 15 mins with a junior blade.

k mate, al gie it a go, but to clarify, i have to cut a section out, just making 1 cut wont loosen it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back