how to remove mixer cold tap?

Sponsored Links
If yours is a budget unbranded one like in your link, it's possibly Chinese made. Even if you can get it apart, it may be difficult to get parts.

These days, you either buy something branded, eg. Bristan or Grohe that will last a long time and have replaceable parts, or buy inexpensive ones and bin them when they fail prematurely.

The OP's post is slightly ambiguous. He says 'cold water tap needs to be removed'.

The box spanner removes the whole thing. Probably for the best.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

Seems that it simply pulls off in the end. Just didn't want to yank it too hard and break something.

The problem seems to be that there is a moulded blue cap that fits over the value , this gives the blue circle ring and has teeth that interlock with the inside of the tap. The blue teeth rim have worn away and so doesn't allow the value to turn when the tap is turned.

I assume that if I can find this blue moulded covering in a plumbing shop then its a simple replacement job

Thanks.

If you take the parts to CC heating Supplies at east gates they may be able to help you if not it may be a new tap.

If you have the instructions, try the manufacturer/importer for parts.

I think you may have trouble finding the part elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back