How to remove plastic bag AD ink stain from fiberglass tub?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A little difficult to explain but many plastic merchant bags now have Color ADs on them with names of the store, etc. One of these bags was left face down in a fiberglass tub and the ink reacted somehow with the fiberglass tub surface leaving a nasty stain which is impossible to wash off. HELP ... any chemical engineers or chemist out there...My bath tub has writing on it now.

Sponsored Links
Well, I'm a chemist, without knowing what chemicals are involved can't say. I guess bleach doesn't touch it :?:

You could try leaving a solution of bleach in the bathtub for a few hours, but that would possibly corrode your plughole.

Have you tried a cream-cleaner? If the ink has penetrated into the fibreglass gelcoat then this won't help, but if it is just sitting on the surface then the mild abrasive action of cream cleaner might shift it.

Possibly T-cut, that has been recommended for bath scratch removal on here too.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back