How to remove push button flush

Sponsored Links
Try pushing one button down and with a small screwdriver prise the other button up, go gently as there are several different ways of getting the buttons out and this might not be the one also have you tried pushing the outside frame up or down as some of them are on a spring clip.

Thanks, I might try that but I was hoping for a definitive answer. The whole thing is boxed in and tiled, so if I drop a screw or clip etc. then I may not be able to retrieve it.

It looks like a CME/Wirquin MacDee Caspia push plate SYG612.
Never seen one in the flesh, but judging by pictures available it may be bolted on, so you MAY need access from the rear to remove it.

mfYhFvxz7yUt07MTN6z96_A.jpg

Sponsored Links
The button will probably only be connected to air hoses not directly to the flush valve.

I assume your toilet isn't working properly? You don't say what the problem is?

Unless the button itself is faulty (unlikely) removing it probably won't help

Try sliding up/lift and pull. Probably a "keyhole" style lug catch arrangement.

That Caspia push plate does look just like it, thanks for the info, so I'm not going to try and prise it off.
The underlying problem is that the flush doesn't work - there is resistance when I push either of the buttons and I can hear mechanical movement inside but there is no hint of water flowing. To my mind the obvious cause is that there is no water feed to the cistern, but the plumber left some notes assuring me that all isolating valves were left 'on' (this is a new build property I have just moved into). Unfortunately, the isolating valves have also been boxed in and tiled, so it is not easy to check. I thought if I could get the flush plate out I might be able to reach the isolating valve.
Why do they leave everything so inaccessible? Do I have to start smashing up a brand new bathroom just to turn the water on?

TonyW2, thanks for your suggestion. There is some back/forward movement but it showed no willingness to come up when I pulled it either in the fully back or fully forward position. Doesn't mean you were wrong of course but I'm not brave enough to apply any more force at this stage.

Finally got the answer to this from the plumber, so I thought I would post it in case it helps someone else (or myself when I have forgotten it in a few months' time). In my case, the flush button is removed by pushing it to the left, then pulling up the left hand side. Thanks to everyone who responded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back