How to replace pump on hotpoint dwf61 dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pump still works but the bearings make a wonderful noise when emptying. I have cleaned out the filter and removed the plate, secured by the screw,in the base of the sump and it still makes a noise.
So I have purchased a spare pump and turned the dishwasher over to take the bottom off and found its solid plastic! Anybody know how I get into the machine to replace the pump?
Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Total strip down the door wiring and tub has to come out , not a nice job to do.

Remove the lid , side panels , door inner and outer then unscrew the. Salt pot spray arms and then tub comes out good luck.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for that. How long is that likely to take? The machine is about 10 years old so I might think about a new one.

I have only done 2 in 20 years and about 1 1/2 for me. I would say depending on your ability poss 4 to 6 hrs. Is it making a crunching noise in drain it might disappear after a few washes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back