How to repressurise an ideal independent C24 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i am having some issues remembering how to repressurise the boiler i thought i lowered the blue switch, then onto the circle silver things then open the black switch. But nothing is happening. i have provided some pic if anyone can help got a baby due i next couple of weeks and i want to make sure everything working the way it should to ensure it doesnt stop when mum and baby are at home alone.

Attachments

• IMG_1871.JPG
    IMG_1871.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 5,530
  • IMG_1872.JPG
    IMG_1872.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 4,433
Sponsored Links
The braided pipe(silver ring) in the second picture is the filling loop. To let water in to the central heating circuit, you open both the black handled valves, on either side of the braided pipe. Then when you reach the required pressure close both valves. Then vent the radiators, put more water in if required.
Ideally when you have added or before you add water to the central heating you should also introduce some more inhibitor and when the filling loop is closed, it should be removed (but happens rarely!)

The blue valve if closed, will stop the cold water being supplied to your boiler for the domestic hot water to be heated.

I turned the blue valve and the open both black valves in filling loop and nothing and when i open the black valve next to the water pressure psi thing its not filling up

You do not touch the black valve at the pressure gauge, that will close that leg of the central heating circuit.
And you do not touch the blue valve either.
The braided pipe and the valves connected to them is the filling loop. No other valves to fill the central heating system should be touched.

Sponsored Links
so you tell me i just need to open the two black valves on filling loop???

so ive just been up and checked the filling loop i unscewed it on the left hand side and water came up when i open the valve on the right. but when i reconnect it and then open the left valve nothing is happening the water isnt going through by the looks of it.

this seem the be the one causing me the issue

Attachments

• IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,388
That is a check valve and is operating correctly. It should not let water out of the central heating system pipework into the cold water supply.
Are you sure you have not closed the central heating valve at the pressure gauge.

I am not sure why the OP is unscrewing the filling loop - it looks securely attached, just leave it that way and operate the two attached valves until the pressure is about 1.5 bar.

Then close both valves.

Unless I have read things wrongly - apologies if I have.

if you look at my picture that how it is on the boiler right now if you can tell me exactly what to do to get the pressure to increase i would be grateful.

on the filling loop the left hand valve isnt letting any water come through from the right. So in the previous posts im being told to just use them. All i want to do is top up the pressure lol

OP: the only 'handles' you need to rotate are those that are at each end of the flexible silver hose... nothing else!

i did notice that the left hand valve it feels a little lose and saw a little bit of water just the odd drop

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back