How to repressurise an ideal independent C24 Boiler

The black valve on the left is upside down - not an issue! - but simply turn both the black valves so the lever is in line with the hose. When your pressure gauge reads about 1.5 bar, turn the black valves back to how they were.

Your pressure doesn't look far off now - are you sure it needs topping up?

Sponsored Links
the issue is snes when i open the vales no water going through and pressure gauge doesnt move. My boiler currently on when i took the pics so when it cold it drop below 1 bar i always try to keep it at 1 hence me coming on here when i tried to do it

Ok, my apologies. I think you need to post a pic of how the valves under the boiler are positioned at this moment in case you have left one inadvertently shut.

I'm going out now, but it will help others diagnose your problem. Good luck - I'm sure we'll get you sorted.

i have posted a few time how the valves are sitting now but here it is again

Attachments

• IMG_1871.JPG
    IMG_1871.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 450
Sponsored Links
i am noticing the valve handle is a bit lose (upside down valve) and when i hold it tight to the joint you can see and feel water so i know that not normal so going to see if i can tighten it worse case replace the isolation valve. As far as i can understand it got be this isolation valve that causing me the issue to bring water in everything else is where they should be and the other valve releasing water to come its just not traveling through the valve like it should which would increase the water pressure

On the left hand valve, you are opening the valve and not the wheelhead of the check valve?
The handle of the left hand valve is on the underside of the braided pipe, not the small black wheel at the top.

If the check valve is not letting water pass in the direction of flow, it could be faulty. But to replace or check this you will need to drain the central heating system down.

When you open both valves, can you hear water passing in to the system?
Just because the pressure gauge is not rising, does not always mean water is not entering the system.
The gauge could be faulty, there could be a leak somewhere or possibly the system is blowing off the added pressure, due to a device activating to release pressure.

Last edited:
In addition to Prentice's usual excellent advice, these plastic levers are flimsy at best. You may be turning the lever, but the valve may not be turning (which is what Prentice suggested).

If this is the case, remove the small screw in the centre of the (upside down) black plastic lever, remove the lever, and turn the valve using pliers. A faff, I know, but a workaround.

Thanks guys the issue im going to having actually getting my landlord to fix it and i have a baby due any day now. There is no screw in the lever please see below

Also thank you for everyone who is trying to help me i am really grateful. Even tried contacting plumbers they got a 2-4 week waiting list.

IMG_1874.JPG

Hi

I dont full understand this

On the left hand valve, you are opening the valve and not the wheelhead of the check valve?
The handle of the left hand valve is on the underside of the braided pipe, not the small black wheel at the top.

But when i open both valves there no sound of water passing through.

Yup, my bad! I was looking at the r/hand lever and wrongly assuming the other was the same. Should have known better!

Therefore, no screw - but is that bolt coming loose? The lever has to grip the inner spline to turn the valve. So far you have gone above and beyond the call of duty - shame your landlord isn't up to your standard!

Is your heating working atm? If so, you have extra time to badger the landlord.

As you can see on your picture, you have a braided pipe.
On the right hand upper side of pipe there is a black handled valve.
On the left hand side of braided pipe, you have a black handled valve on the underside of pipe. It is those that require opening.
On the left hand side of braided pipe on the upper side/opposite to the black valve, there is a small black wheel like nut, that wheel like nut should not be opened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back