how to reset my Accenta 8 alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my alarm serviced last year and the guy changed the engineer's code to one of his choosing without checking with me. He won't tell me the number and despite many promises to come round and change it, he never turns up. I'm hacked off, so I'm going to completely reset the system, and put in a new battery at the same time.

I have done it before, and I've changed the battery too, but a step-by-step guide would be V. helpful. I've got the manual but the instructions aren't the greatest - I think it tells you to disconnect the battery at point but doesn't mention reconnecting it.

Feel free to PM me if you're not comfortable just posting this kind of information in plain sight! (assuming you can PM here...)

Sponsored Links
I had my alarm serviced last year and the guy changed the engineer's code to one of his choosing without checking with me. He won't tell me the number and despite many promises to come round and change it, he never turns up. I'm hacked off, so I'm going to completely reset the system, and put in a new battery at the same time.
That is SO out of order and VERY bad practice.
Tell him, (and MEAN it) that you are going to tell your local Trading Standards unless he puts it back to a number of your choice that you can change when he leaves.

If that doesn't work, say you'll get someone else in and send him the bill.

If you have to do that and he will not pay the bill, the Small Claims Court is very easy and won't cost you anything because you will be claiming for costs as well.

Let us know how you get on.

Don't forget to tell ALL your friends and family as well, and anyone else you can think of.
He's just trying to keep you as a customer by changing that code, cheeky ***.

If you really get stuck and are close somewhere in the SE, I'll do it for nothing.

Thank for that - I was wondering if it was just me that found this a bit suspect. Unfortunately I'm way up north. I have wondered about taking a firmer stand but to be honest I think he's the kind of guy who would love the conflict. DIY will get the outcome I want - loads of the settings need changing.

I've done it before but the instructions are unclear about when to connect the battery back up. I wrote myself some notes but they're not very clear either!

Sponsored Links
I managed to get the system restored to factory defaults, but when I came to reprogram the system I found some of the menu choices and commands didn't work.

The manual I was working from is different to the one linked to above, but I think the PCB may have been replaced so actually the manual in the link is possibly the right one (e.g. originally you pressed 9 to change the engineers code, now you press 4)

Anyway, all done I think. Thanks for the help and support.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back