how to square ext to unsquare house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As you can see [i hope] from photo when i run the string lines out the ext is perfectly square to the back of the house but when i run the string line down the side of the house the corner furthest away on the ext crosses the line by 50mm [unsquare 1930s built property]
Question i am asking is can anyone tell me how to get around this.
One option would be to build the right hand side wall out of square but am unsure if this is the correct one .Problems already and i thought this was going to be the easy bit.
[/url]

Sponsored Links
Square it up with dry-wall adhesive :eek:

Unconventional, but you know, it may just work!

I would build the extension square and parellel etc off the elevation it is connected to. It does not matter if the side of thje house is out of square

Sponsored Links
being out of square by 50mm is not a hill of beans. just remember to parallel the wallplates up when you get to this point, even if it means skewing them on the blockwork slightly. this applies mainly to a cut or traditional roof.

^woody^ said:
Square it up with dry-wall adhesive :eek:

Unconventional, but you know, it may just work!

Ha Ha :LOL: I didnt have a more suitable picture........ ;)

Have decided to follow string line down side of house as this is the drive side and visible from road.Extension is 4mx10m block and then renderd with a flat roof.By doing this extension is now 30mm out of square from corner to corner but in line with the side wall.

houses3010005.jpg

it will be more noticeable internally than from the outside, as you sit there staring at it while you eat your dinner or watch tv!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back