HOW TO TAKE THIS OFF (with pic)

Sponsored Links
If you were able to explain yourself better then I might be able to help!

well the nob on the tap doesnt stay up when i lift it so just asking for some kind help what i can do to fix the problem also how do you take the nob off?
thanks

you need the tap to be running and half decent pressure then the knob will stay up until you shut the tap off.

Sponsored Links
Probably the water pressure is too low, remove the valve and take out the spring...should then be ok.

I have never seen one removed so cant help you there, try taking the shower head off and see if the knob stays up.

Some were fitted with a grub screw while others will unscrew , some of the cheaper mixers will just pull off with a sharp tug.

where can you find the grub screw? and what direction do you have to twist the nob to take it of?

thanks

The grub screw if fitted will be on the nob , if not try screwing it anti clockwise while nob is raised & flat blade holding spindle from turning , they can sometimes be a bugger to get off.

You may be able to lift the divertor enough to be able to remove unit from mixer.

the spindle doesnt turn i tried turning it anti clock wise but no luck just keeps spining for ever looks like new taps now

thanks

just took it off using pliers does any body know what this part is called and where you can by it from

thanks gents

Different deck mixers will use different diverters , more than likely the O ring/washer has perished , good luck. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back