How to top up pressure on boiler, instructions no help

Sponsored Links
As @FiremanT , total bodge job, dont touch the black diamond as you call it and 1/4 turn on the screw of the valve nearest to the wall with the blue hose, then close again once the pressure reads correct

Sponsored Links
As @FiremanT , total bodge job, dont touch the black diamond as you call it and 1/4 turn on the screw of the valve nearest to the wall with the blue hose, then close again once the pressure reads correct
I must be having a bad day ,what screw Ian ? Looks like a non return valve ??
Or are you referring to the higher valve that will need a spanner ?

I must be having a bad day ,what screw Ian ? Looks like a non return valve ??
Or are you referring to the higher valve that will need a spanner ?
Yes you are right mate, thought it was a ball-ofix but on second look, its a washing machine vave with a snapped off handle, will indeed need a spanner or grips, real pro setup, havent a clue what the gate valve is supposed to do

Ok is it the small brass Bit that's sitting on the top? That won't budge.
it is a washing machine tap with the handle snapped off, use a small adjustable or grips or a small spanner, it will move

It's ok. My landlord is getting someone round to look at it and sort it out. Thanks everyone for your replies, really appreciated.

I went through the pints in the last 4 posts 2 hours ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back