How to "white wash" a vacant shop window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I often see vacant shop windows temporarily painted over with something white so they are at least partially opaque.

I want to do this, preferably so it is very easy to just wipe off afterwards. (I've seen sometimes people can simply wipe it off / draw shapes in it with a finger, like a powdery finish).

I thought about watered-down emulsion, but am concerned it may not easily clean off (it's not my shop).

Anyone know what's best to use for this?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I don't know what they used to use but it must haave been cheap. When I was a kid everyone round our way did this when they were decorating their houses (probably something innocuous like quick-lime back then).

Windowlene will do the job.

Ah that makes sense. Looks like I need the Windolene original cream emulsion in the pink bottle.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Although watered-down white emulsion is easy enough to remove with a glass scraper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back