how to wire central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Santon premier plus pp210B unvented indirect hot water system installed in my house and would like to know how to wire it up. There is a 2 port valve on the primary flow, and in the immersion connection box on the front of cylinder there is a terminal block with wires going to the thermal cut out and the thermostat. I have the fused dp switch already wired for the imm but dont know how to connect the rest.

I would be very greatfull if someone could help me.

Sponsored Links
No I'm an electrician and done the wiring in the house, but am not sure of how to wire this system. I am only just qualified. This is a friend of mine's house in rep Ireland. I've just returned to finish off some things after the plumber had finished and he had not connected up.

ok..i'm just curious as the wiring is really integral to the safety of the unit and therefore should be at least checked by the commissioning engineer who should be qualified in unvented. Although I don't know what rules you have in Ireland. As for the answer, I don't know about santon specifically, however..
The wiring should be very similar to a standard cylinder stat with 2 connections. Your demand goes to the cyl stat, which will be wired in series to the safety cut out(pre-wired) and then out of the safety cut out to your zone valve(brown/white). Its pretty straight forward :confused:

Sponsored Links
Cheers Mickyg!

I'm a bit new to the plumbing side of things. Could you just clarify things a wee bit for me. I've only wired the fused spur for the immersion heater. I've got a five core cable coming out of the 2 port valve, no white core. what do i need from here?

zone valve normally has 5 wires
brown or white -demand from cylinder stat
grey - permanent live
orange- switch live to boiler/pump
neutral and earth as normal

however i still recommend the whole installation is checked and commissioned by a competent installer of unvented systems

gally if you are in the rep of eire shouldnt you change your national flag to the tricolour

it might prevent confusion :LOL:

Thanks very much Mickg! your a star.

I'm not in the rep irl WKID.
Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back