Unvented system help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

In our house we have an Santon Premier Plus unvented hot water system. In the airing cupboard where the cylinder is there is two electrical switches. The problem is my 19mth old son has been in there and switched them both on and I'm sure only one of them was on before. One is fused and has cables going to the cylinder and the other is fused and has no cables coming from it (from what I can see).

Cheers
Tony

Sponsored Links
One will be for the immersion back up and the other is possibly the fused spur for the ch system.

OK do you have a gas or oil fired boiler somewhere?

The one without cables going to the cylinder might feed the boiler. If so this is the one that should be on and the one with cables to the cylinder is only there as a backup for when your heating boiler doesn't work.

If you only have electric and no central heating powered by other means then the one with cables coming out of it is the one that should be on. The other might power bathroom equipment like an extractor, or it might be redundant. If it is redundant the person who made it so should perhaps have blanked it so that people without the skill to identify it's purpose don't get confused.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies!

I do have a gas boiler but it's in the garage so don't think any of the switches is for that.

I'll turn the one with the cables off and see if the system works as before.

Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back