How would you control a 3 zone (+hw) system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We're in the process of having a new system boiler and pressurised hwc fitted as part of a house extension. We will end up with 3 zones (kitchen, rest of downstairs, upstairs) plus the hw to control.

Any ideas what the best type / brand of controls would be? I was thinking to have a separate programmable thermostat for each zone (like a cmt927) but cant help thinking that there may be a more elegant solution!

Any ideas appreciated,
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could search google for "EvoHome" Controls, there a bit more elegant but can rack up the price too.

Personally, I would preffer to have 2 - 2channel programers located centrally so you can turn the heating on in the different zones without having to go to them individually and turn them on, and have a thermostat in each zone set to whatever you are comfortable with. (probably the cheapest and most straight forward option)

Or as you say, a single channel time clock for the HW, and 3x remote programable thermostats would certainly be a great way to control the lot.

Im not aware of many domestic controllers that are specifically aimed for 3/4 zones, and any that are out there might be over prices for what they are, but there no doubt is ones there, Honeywell and Danfoss are always normally safe bets.

Honeywell Evo all day.

Internet is optional but gives you central and local control.

Pair of DT92Es for two zones and evo itself for whichever you choose.

I have just installed a 4 zone system using a Drayton MI time programmer.An excellent piece of kit

Very easy to set up too,as matter of fact the lady of the house programmed all 4 zones herself

Sponsored Links
I have just installed a 4 zone system using a Drayton MI time programmer.An excellent piece of kit

Very easy to set up too,as matter of fact the lady of the house programmed all 4 zones herself

I can confirm the MI system bits are easy to programme. Not sure that the holiday programme worked over christmas though. I've a suspicion the heating was on full time judging by how warm the house was on our return! Maybe I got something wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back