Howden's Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've had a quote from Howden's for their basic Greenwich range in White Gloss. I've done comparison's and I guess, the price isn't too sad. Basically they have given me a 75% discount - but 75% of what I do not know!

I'd still like to get the price down a bit as it is a couple of hundred over my budget still. In particular I noticed one of the items refers to a 900 HL Base unit only (and 1 Separate door). Half of this unit will not be visible and they are selling me one 450 door. They've quoted £147.60 for the carcus and a further £30.00 for the door (+ VAT). Basically its £190 for a 900 carcus which I think is ridiculous.

Have found a rigid 900 HL units on the web for £35.00 and advert says all Howden and B&Q doors fit with minor adjustments.

Has anyone got any experience of buying door from Howden's and then fitting to a non-Howden cupboard?

Sponsored Links
Sounds bonkers for the sake of a few quid.

Any chance you are from the north of the border...?

A saving over over £150 on a simple MDF cabinet - no I don't call that bonkers.

No, not north of the boarder - I haven't got short arms and deep pockets. I'm just not an idiot who throws money away - except when it comes to luxury!

This is what you need to do: Take the quote to Magnet they may have a similar if not the same range, you could also go to Wickes and ask them if they can beat it or match the Howdens quote, if they do either then take that quote to Benchmarx who will beat the Wickes quote. Benchmarx and wicked are owned by the same company.

Alternatively if you know someone who has a trade account with Howdens then hung em a few quid and you may get it cheaper that way.

BTW Magnet have got sales!!!!!? On at the moment.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back