HP photosmart 2575 all in one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my daughter has pressed something on our scanner and now it will not turn off. It has a green flashing light and the pop up screen says shutting down ..., but it isnt and wont. Looked in the troubleshoooting booklet and this is not covered. Any ideas? Should I just unplug it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Different model of printer to mine, but is there a red/pink/orange colour button there for cancelling? If there is, press that to see if it cancels out the green flashing light and allows you to switch it off.

Failing that, do Control/Alt/Delete to bring up the Windows Task Manager. The pop up box should tell you if any HP applications are running - if so, highlight it and click End Task. That should shut it down too.

Are you getting any error message either on the All-in-one or on your PC screen?
Unplug the power cable and the USB cable from the back of the printer and leave off for about 1 minute. Plug the power cable back in and switch on. Does that reset it? If so plug the USB cable back in.

Thanks for the replys . Unplugged the machine cables and then restarted, all is now ok.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys . Unplugged the machine cables and then restarted, all is now ok.

It's surprising how many faults/errors can be cured by a good old boot or re-boot. :LOL:

Pleased to hear your are back in business.
dave

Back