HSA 6400 not recognizing devices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I accidently set off my alarm, I reset in the normal way but now none of my devices are recognized.

I tried to do a walk test but when the I press the learn key on any of the devices the system no longer recognizes them.

I have tried removing one of the devices but now when I press the learn key the system will not add to the system.

Can you please advise what else I could try ? or do i have a faulty monitor?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
not familiar with Yale alarms.

it doesn't walk test and you cant relearn deleted devices after an alarm.

how old is the system and when were the batteries last changed, I would need to look in a manual to try and check what you should be trying to do.

I am sure someone on here does yale alarms so maybe they can help you, if your still stuck I will take a look tomorrow.

The system is less than a year old i have tested the batteries but no problem there.

I have not tried resetting the system to factory settings but only wanted to do as last resort.

Have you got the instruction book? Clear all alarm and error messages from the log (not just the latest one) but go through the list first and note down what they were, with time and date. I think you may have Alarms or Error messages uncleared..

To learn devices you have to use the "add devices" setting first. However you can also show list of devices to see if your devices are still listed. I like to pencil the device number onto the top of the device casings when learning them in (you can do it before screwing them into position) and then you can later key in descriptors ("front door" "kitchen PIR" etc. at your leisure.

To lose memory of all devices is not normal, unless you have either manually deleted them or done a factory reset (either of which is quite difficult so unlikely to happen by mistake) so I would start from the assumption that they are still recorded. They are not lost even if you remove power and turn off or flatten the standby battery.

When did you last replace the sensor batteries? Presumably the light up when you press the button on them? And when you open the door/walk past them?

Unscrew one and put it next to the panel and try walk test again. You will need the door magnet to test the door sensors but you can wave your hand at a PIR.

As it is less than a year old you could if necessary make a guarantee claim, so look for the proof of purchase. The Yale phone help line/email support may be useful.

I am assuming you have not put an arc welder, radio transmitter or wireless router close to the panel.

Sponsored Links
The devices are still listed apart from the one i removed to try and reset.

I will check the log and see what i fine.

many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back