Hudson Reed shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an HR shower valve external fitting - fitted 2 years ago and working fine.
Without warning I could only get a cold shower and the rest of the house had tepid (at best) hot water.
I have found one of the check valves in the elbow has been wedged in the open position by a piece of (what appears to be) lead shot.
Removed the debris and valve back to operating OK - problem; I still cannot get hot water in shower. The rest of the house now has functioning hot water again.
HR technical stated that valve needs recalibrating because of the cross contamination.
Have tried to recalibrate but cannot get anything but cold water.

Any suggestions you may have to solve problem will be gratefully accepted.

Sponsored Links
What provides your hot water? Combi or Cylinder? You could try a new thermostat. Ultra does the Hudson Reed spares: 01282 446789

The supply is a combi boiler.
I take it that you mean the internal gubbins of the valve when you mention new thermostat?

Sponsored Links
I have changed a few thermostatic cartridges on Hudson Reed Showers to successfully cure the shower running too cool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back