Humidity Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've just got a Manrose Intervent humidity fan ((NVF100H ) to go into a drying room, no light .
The wiring diagram shows a connection to 'switch live '.....but as I've got no switch, or light, presume I just connect the permanent live and neutral ?
Dumb question maybe :(
Thanks !

Sponsored Links
If you do not connect the switched live to (well) a switched live, then you will be relying on the humidity sensor only to set the fan off.

I wish you the best of luck in getting that set up so that it works satisfactorily.

I have a similar one in my utility (condensing tumble dryer) and the humidity fan has never come on because of humidity. If I change the humidity setting then it runs almost constantly. Fortunately my fantastic electrician (me) wired the fan to the switched live for the light, so the fan works when the light comes on. I suggest that you do the same, or at least have a separate over-ride switch so you can have it on when YOU want, not when the atmospheric conditions decide for you.

As said for the humidity switch to work air needs to be drawn over the sensor, so if the fan was always running, and when humidity is high the speed increases then that will work, but the humidity switch will switch off the fan once the humidity drops, but rarely will actually switch it on. Pneumatic push switch likely the best option, push the switch and fan runs for set time which draws air into fan, then the fan will continue to run until humidity drops.

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, but I think I'd want to insert a switch, adjacent to the fan, into the permanent line and neutral supply. I'd want to have the means to turn the fan off, after all.

Sponsored Links
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, but I think I'd want to insert a switch, adjacent to the fan, into the permanent line and neutral supply. I'd want to have the means to turn the fan off, after all.
Makes sense. I suppose that humidistat-controlled fans are one situation in which the infamous '3-pole isolators' might actually have a useful purpose!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back